Masterly drawn graphic and painting works of Dmitry Sandjiev give the possibility to take the most ordinary life situations in absolutely new light. The artist creates parallel worlds having seen in private fact or concrete event significantly more than it can be opened to ordinary imagination.
By the concrete fate of Kalmykia woman he overviewed the fate of this nation with its specific life and traditions in the series "Widow of shepherd". In plastically expressive works each plot gets a character of deep generalization, inspired "picture- memoirs".
Dmitry Sandjiev is a master gifted with a rare capacity to see in ordinary thing - something extraordinary, in prosaic one - something unusual, in reality - fantastic. Line and touch, combination of black and white create a very inspired atmosphere. An image in an inexplicable way is taken in as a very luminiferous one. Black and white graphic acquires unique pictorial features.
In lithographies to the novel "Master and Margaret" the artist does not illustrate but interprets the author's text, some of images of the book. Phantasmagoria of M. Bulgakov fantasies is consonant to Worldview of Sandzhiev. Figurative world of the artist is filled with a lot of cats, mystery signs and made-up personages.
Graphic in the art of Sandjiev harmoniously coexist in his painting - very bright, unpredictable, fantastic. Fantastic realism of the artist creation is consonant to cosmic humanity imagination, presentiment of parallel worlds appearance in universe. Maybe, that is why his dynamic pictures and colorful paintings have powerful energetic which involves a viewer in imaginary world anew created despite all traditional idea and conceptions.
Behind easy reading and perceiving of Sandjiev's works you can make out significant symbolism of his created images. Standing out with his creative completeness and mystery nature in student years, the artist continues to surprise a viewer with endless figurative improvisations. Special inspiration, metaphors of his creation say about richness of his imagination absorbed in itself life experience, experience of generations that came to the artist form the depth of centuries.
Dmitry Sandjiev was born in 1949 in Novosibirsk, Russia in artist's family
1970 - 1974 - He was a student and successfully graduated from the Yaroslav Artistic School (the faculty of decorative design. He took part in republic exhibition "Soviet Kalmykia"
1975 - 1981 - He was a student and successfully graduated from the Moscow State Artistic Institute of V.I. Surikov (graphic art studio of N.A. Ponomarev and B.A. Uspensky professors). He took part in All-Russian exhibitions.
1981 - Degree work - series of graphic lists "Widow of shepherd". Six lists of the series was acquired by State Tretiakov Gallery (Moscow, USSR), rest three of them were included in collection of "Faber-Castle" company (Nuremberg, Germany).
1982 - He was awarded by the First Premium of Central Committee of VLKSM on the exhibition of young graphic artists artworks (Moscow, USSR) and by the Premium of "Faber0Casytle" company on the Second International Triennial of drawings in Nuremberg, Germany.
1981 - 1984 - He was a student of post-graduate course in Creative studios of Academy of Arts of USSR under supervision of academician O.G. Vereisky.
1984 - He became a member of Artists Union of USSR (now - Artists Union of Russia).
1998 - The creative work of the artist was marked by medal and diploma of Russian Academy of Arts.
1999 - The artist got a certificate for the best exposition on the World's artistic fair in Shanghai, China
2001 - He became Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Arts.
1974 - 2001 - He took part in more than one hundred exhibitions in Russia and abroad.
His artworks are in such famous museums and picture galleries as: State Tretiakov Gallery, State Museum of the East Peoples, State Russian Museum, in universally famous collection of Ludwig (FRG), in collection of "Faber-Castle" company in Nuremberg, Germany, Metropolitan museum (USA), Museum of Modern Art in Moscow and many other museums and galleries and private collections of Russia and the whole world.
1. "Big Volga", USSR, Gorky, 1974
2. "Soviet Kalmykia", USSR, Elista, 1974
3. "Soviet Russia "5"", USSR, Moscow, 1975
4. "International exhibition of book", USSR, Moscow, 1981
5. "7-th exhibition of young artists artworks", USSR, Moscow, 1981
6. All-Russian exhibition "Around native country", USSR, Moscow, 1981
7. Exhibition of young graphic artists artworks in Central Committee of VLKSM, USSR, Moscow, 1982
8. "2nd International Triennial of drawings in Nuremberg", Germany, Nuremberg, 1982
9. "6th Moscow exhibition of young press artists", USSR, Moscow, 1982
10. All-Union exhibition "Country's youth", USSR, Moscow, 1982
11. All-Russian exhibition " 60 years of Komsomolsk-na-Amure" , USSR, Komsomolsk-na-Amure, 1982
12. All-Union exhibition "USSR - our Motherland", USSR, Moscow, 1982
13. "Exhibition of young artists", Denmark, 1982
14. "Exhibition of young's", Poland, 1983
15. Exhibition in Dortmund, Germany, 1983
16. "Exhibition of young artists", Sweden, 1983
17. "Exhibition of young artists", USA, Takkoma, 1983
18. All-Union portrait exhibition of young artists "Our Contemporary", USSR, Moscow, 1983
19. All-Russian exhibition of watercolor, USSR, Moscow, 1983
20. Exhibition of young artists artworks "About time and ourselves", USSR, Moscow, 1983
21. Contest portrait exhibition of USSR and Czechoslovakia "Our contemporary", 1984
22. All-Union exhibition of young artists of Academy of Arts of USSR, USSR, Leningrad, 1984
23. "Exhibition of young artists", Afghanistan, 1984
24. " Exhibition of young artists", Sweden, 1984
25. " Exhibition of young artists", Germany, 1984
26. "21st All-Union exhibition of degree works of USSR artistic institutes of higher education", USSR, Moscow, 1984
27. "2nd All-Union exhibition of drawing", USSR, Moscow, 1984
28. Exhibition devoted to 35 years of GDR foundation, Germany, 1984
29. All-Union artistic exhibition "Earth and people", USSR, Moscow, 1984
30. International 2nd Biennale of drawing SFRU, SFRU, Riekka, 1984
31. Moscow youth exhibition, USSR, Moscow, 1984
32. Contest exhibition USSR-GDR, USSR, Moscow, 1985
33. All-Union exhibition Всесоюзная выставка " 40 years to Great Victory", USSR, Moscow, 1985
34. Moscow zonal graphic exhibition, USSR, Moscow, 1985
35. Exhibition of young artists about the EAST, USSR, Moscow, 1986
36. "Masters of culture in fight for peace", USSR, Moscow, 1986
37. All-Russian exhibition "Around native country", USSR, Moscow, 1986
38. All-Russian exhibition of easel graphic, USSR, Moscow, 1987
39. Exhibition-experiment "Contact", USSR, Moscow, 1987
40. All-Union exhibition of easel graphic, USSR, Moscow, 1987
41. Exhibition "Moscow artists to frontier guards", USSR, Moscow, 1987
42. Exhibition in Poland, 1987
43. All-Union exhibition "Soviet Union", USSR, Moscow, 1987
44. Exhibition in India, 1987
45-56. Personal exhibitions of Dmitry Sandzhiev take place each year in Lund, Malmo, Karlaby, Sweden, 1989 - 1995
57-69. He takes part in annual exhibition "Always on the alert" (Studio of Ministry of Internal Affairs), Russia, Moscow, 1988 - 2000
70. Personal exhibition in Academy of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Russia, Saint-Petersburg, 1992
71. Exhibition in Germany, Bonn, 1992
72. Personal exhibition in Philadelphia, USA, 1993
73. Personal Exhibition in Moscow, Russia, Moscow, 1993
74. Exhibition of graduates' artworks of creative studios of Academy of Art of RF, Russia, Moscow, 1995
75. Personal exhibition in Central House of Artist, Russia, Moscow, 1996
76. Exhibition of professors and graduates of creative studios of Academy of Art of RF, Russia, Sochi, 1996
77. Personal exhibition in the gallery "Intercolor", Russia, Moscow, 1996
78. He took part in exhibition "In memory of Alexander Kaidanovsky", Russia, Moscow, 1996
79. Personal exhibition in Cultural Centre of Embassy of Arabian Republic of Egypt in Moscow, Russia, Moscow, 1997
80. Personal exhibition Session Hall of Government of Kalmykia Republic, Russia, Elista, 1997
81. All-Russian exhibition "Artists of Russia to Moscow" (in honor of 850 years of Moscow), Russia, Moscow, 1997
82. Personal exhibition in Central exhibition of Artistм, Russia, Moscow, 1998
83. Permanent exposition in the gallery "Russian Collection", Russia, Moscow, 1998-1999
84. Anniversary personal exhibition devoted to 50 years and 25 years of creative activity, Russia, Moscow, 1999
85. Personal exhibition in Vienna, Austria, 1999
86. International artistic exhibition in Shanghai, China, 1999
87. Region exhibition "Fine arts masters of North Caucuses to defenders of homeland", Russia, Stavropol, 2000
88. Exhibition "Meeting of two worlds" in "Travel House", Russia, Moscow, 2000
89. Exhibition devoted to the Day of Victory in exhibition hall on Poklonnaya Gora, Russia, Moscow, 2000
90. Exhibition of Moscow artists in the artistic gallery "Elena", CDH, Russia, Moscow, 2000
91. Personal exhibition in Russian Academy of Arts, Russia, Moscow, 2000
92. Personal exhibition in Academy of Administration of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Russia, Moscow, 2000
93. Personal exhibition in the gallery of modern art of Antonio Bataglia, Italy, Milan, 2000
94. Personal exhibition in Museum of Obninsk history, Russia, Moscow, 2000
95. Personal exhibition in Cultural institute of Bulgaria, Russia, Moscow, 2001
95. Personal exhibition in Cultural institute of Bulgaria, Russia, Moscow, 2001
96. Exhibition "Secret dates", CDH, Russia, Moscow, 2001
97. Personal exhibition devoted to the Day of Moscow, CDH, Russia, Moscow, 2001
98. Personal exhibition in State Duma, Russia, Moscow, 2001 (it is planned)
Exhibitions in countries of West Europe, 1999 - 2015